Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Holiday Hoopla - Balloons Around the World Day


Part of my job has me always on the lookout for fun and interesting holidays that our kids may not have heard of but would enjoy celebrating. In my search for interesting October holidays (not that we don't already have a full calendar for October, but hey, who doesn't love a good holiday?) I discovered this lovely little nugget over at punchbowl - Balloons Around the World Day. Now, If you know me you know that these simple air-filled tubes of rubber have a special place in my heart. You see, my amazing husband is a balloon bender. He has come to visit our club and share this with our kids on a few occasions (which the club kids absolutely love).



How could I not know that there was a holiday to celebrate balloon bending? Shouldn't every good balloon bender's wife know about these things? We definitely won't be missing out on celebrating this again. Now, if you're looking to do some fun balloon bending things with your own kids (and you don't just have your own awesome Balloon man), you can show your kids all kinds of cool youtube videos highlighting this art form. If you want to try your hand at balloon bending, the Balloon Man highly recommends only using Qualatex balloons for best results (no, that's not a marketing ploy, that really is the only brand he will use).

Have you celebrated Balloons Around the World day with your kids? Do you have a fantastic holiday that you haven't seen featured here? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Calendar Connection - August

August has long been one of my favorite months (because I have an intense school supply fetish) but I've always felt like it was lack...